Saturday, January 28, 2012

Day 27: Say No to Drugs

I learned a valuable lesson today.  It's best not to combine Sudafed, a cup of coffee, no breakfast and a cardio workout.  I mean, it was a great workout!  I was basically on speed.  But then my heart rate would not lower, even after I cooled off, stretched out and then sat in a chair.  In fact, when I was on the bike I began to feel dizzy and had visions of me getting off the bike and promptly collapsing to the floor.

After I sat for a while I tried to take my pulse.  But I couldn't remember if you timed it for 10 seconds and then multiplied by six or timed it for 6 seconds and multiplied it by ten... either way, I came up with 210, which I knew wasn't right!  So I asked the trainer on duty (who happens to be a paramedic) if he would check my pulse.  Thankfully it was down to 96 and I wasn't going to be spending the day at the ER or in rehab.

My husband and I went out to dinner last night and I counted it as my weekly Free Meal.  I wanted to eat healthy, though, because my devil scale said 128.4 yesterday morning.  That is soo close to a record low (since having children) of 127something.  Getting to that number meant more to me than anything on the menu, so I ordered an omelette.  My big splurge was some hash brown potatoes.

This morning?  127.2

No comments:

Post a Comment