Monday, January 2, 2012

Body for Life: Challenge One, Day 1

This may be the second day of the new year but it's the first day of my new life.  Today I am starting the Body for Life challenge and in twelve weeks I intend to be much stronger, leaner and more fit than I am now.  I've begun this challenge several times in the past ten years but something has always come along to throw me off track.  Usually a new baby!

My motivation and determination are solid this time.  I will finish, no matter what happens.  It might not be a perfect challenge but I will give it everything I've got.  I'm convinced that weight loss and exercise are more of a mental challenge than a physical one.  If you're not ready mentally, it just won't happen.  But when it clicks and you are, you will persevere and meet your goals.

So here are my Challenge One, Day 1 stats:

Weight:  132  (I've lost 20 pounds over the past few months via diet)
Body Fat:  29.5%

Day 1 is an Upper Body Workout.  I'm not doing all six sets per muscle group yet.  I'll work my way up to that.  If I do too much, too soon I will become cripplingly sore and have to give up.  For the past month I have been going to the gym and doing two sets of 10 reps at a very light weight.  As light as possible.  Now I feel ready to kick it up a notch.

Flyes:                                         Reps  Weight  Intensity Level
                                                    10      3lbs.       5
                                                     8       5lbs.       6
                                                     6       8lbs.       7
Bench Press:                                12       5lbs.      7

Pullovers:                                      10      3lbs.       6
                                                      8      5lbs.       8
                                                      6      8lbs.       9
Pulldown:                                      12     20lbs.      8

Lying Dumbbell Exten.:                  10        3lbs.      6
                                                      8       5lbs.      8
                                                      6       8lbs.      9
Bench Dips:                                   12                   9

Curls:                                             10       3lbs.      5
                                                       8       5lbs.      6
                                                       6       8lbs.      8
Hammer Curls:                               12       5lbs.      8


I'll post the "Before" photos when I get brave enough to do so.  It takes a lot of guts to put your flabby body photo out there.  And I've got more guts than I'd like... kind of a beer belly gut!  But hey, I've got six beautiful babies out of the deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment