Saturday, January 21, 2012

Day 20

I thought that since it was 4 degrees and four inches of snow had fallen that the gym would be empty this morning.  Wrong!  There are some very determined exercisers in my small town.  I wish they'd go away.  (Kidding!)

My worst fear came true... all of the treadmills were taken.  Plan B, an elliptical.  Also all taken.  A stairclimber?  I'd kill myself.  Besides, they were all taken.  There was one bike left and not one of the good ones.  Thankfully after eight minutes of hell one of the good ones became available and I snatched it up.

I had some extended family drama early this morning and almost missed getting to the gym.  The drama took hours of my time and I was tempted to blow off my workout.  But no... that is priority Numero Uno.  Well, actually Numero Dos since family did come first.

I took my frustrations out on that poor exercise bicycle and got my heart rate up nice and high.  I did intervals for 20 minutes and then 10 more minutes of moderate intensity.  It was a great distraction from the drama and the endorphin high afterwards was a blessing, too.

You know what's nice?  Having a collar bone again.  I never knew that I'd measure progress by my neck.  I may not be happy with my tummy but that collar bone sure is pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment